Are you ready to take your sales to the next level? Sales can be a tough game, but with the right strategies and techniques, anyone can become a master of it. Did you know that 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting, yet 44% of sales representatives give up after one call. As a result, we have compiled the five best sales advice tips to help you improve your sales skills, close more deals, and ultimately achieve tremendous success!
Importance of sales in your business
Sales is the lifeblood of any successful business. Without a talented sales team, your business will struggle, regardless of the quality of your products or services. A successful sales team and strategy indicates how well a company connects with its target audience and effectively communicates the value of its products and services.
In today’s highly competitive business environment, sales are more important than ever before. Intensive rivalry requires developing innovative strategies and solutions to stand out from the crowd. Here, sales strategies take the main role, and the most effective one wins.
Understanding your target market, identifying their needs and pain points, and developing products or services that address these are all essential components of effective sales strategies. You can turn one-time customers into loyal ones by providing exceptional customer service, ongoing support, and continuously innovating and improving your products or services.
Businesses can achieve long-term growth and success in today's highly competitive business environment by developing effective sales strategies and focusing on long-term customer relationships.
Sales advice for new salespeople
Struggling with developing an outstanding sales strategy? In this article, we compiled 5 main pieces of sales advice for sales people, who are experienced and new ones in the market. You will undoubtedly find the best sales advice, which will boost your sales game today!
Best Sales Advice #1: Always Be Prepared
If you want to make a great first impression on customers or close more sales deals, it is essential to have top-notch preparation. By preparing for the meeting, your customers will definitely notice that you value their time and are dedicated to customers.
Here are some tips on how to always be prepared for sales meetings:
- Begin by researching your prospects' backgrounds and business needs: this will allow you to see what is going on in the industry and offer better solutions to the customer.
- Organize all necessary materials and information: such as product demos, case studies, or pricing information, that may be useful during the meeting.
- Prepare mentally for the meeting: Try to imagine how the meeting or call will go and consider any objections or questions customers may have. This will assist you in remaining calm and confident.
Best Sales Advice #2: Build Rapport
Building rapport is the best pieces of sales advice if you want to establish trust and create strong relationships with your potential customers. It is about finding common ground based on the same experiences and interests. When you establish a personal relationship with your potential customers, they will feel more comfortable and open to new ideas.
To build rapport effectively, start by using these strategies:
- Listen actively: pay close attention to what a person is saying and show your interest by asking relevant questions or making comments.
- Show empathy: try to see the situation from different perspectives and understand what a person is feeling. This will demonstrate that you care about other people’s feelings and experiences.
- Use positive language: smile, keep eye contact, and use open body language. Remember to pay attention to a person’s tone and speaking style.
- Understand yourself and avoid making fake persona image: be yourself and avoid trying to be someone else.
- Find common interests: look for common interests, values, or experiences, which can help build strong relationships.
Follow-up: after the first meeting, make a follow-up in order to continue building strong bonds with your potential customer.
Best Sales Advice #3: "Listen More Than You Talk"
One of the most important pieces of sales advice for new salespeople is active listening. In sales, there is a golden rule: 80% listening and 20% asking. When you listen carefully to your potential customers, you can gain valuable insights into their needs, pain points, and goals. By listening actively, you can tailor your pitch and demonstrate the best value, which will fit your customers’ needs!
If you want to gain the most valuable information during the meeting, follow these steps:
- Focus on the conversation and eliminate all possible distractions
- Avoid multitasking
- Ask open-ended questions
- Show interest by making facial expressions or body language
- Don’t interrupt or make early conclusions
- Make a summary at the end of the conversation
- Always follow up and clarify any points that are unclear
You can build stronger relationships with potential clients and close more deals if you master the art of active listening.
Best Sales Advice #4 Focus on benefits, not on features
In the world of sales, it is simple to acquire customers by emphasizing a product's or service's features. Only technical elements distinguish your product in the marketplace. However, focusing exclusively on features can hinder sales efforts. Instead, if you want to avoid sales failures, you should shift your focus to the benefits that these features provide.
Perhaps, you were wondering what the difference is between benefits and features. Features are the specific characteristics of the product, which provide important information, while benefits help customers to understand how it will improve their life or business operations, and what value it will bring.
By emphasizing benefits rather than features, you can connect with your customers and appeal to their emotional needs more effectively. By emphasizing the benefits and gaining a thorough understanding of your customer, you can paint a complete picture of the value and benefits that customers can obtain.
Here are some tips, which will help to focus on providing benefits:
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes: emphasize and define, what your customer needs, and how your product or service can help them.
- Use an example to illustrate the benefits: instead of explaining how you differentiate from your competitors, give specific examples or share experiences, of how your product or service can save time and money.
- Focus on value: show how your product benefits overcome costs.
- Listen and ask questions: ask questions, and tailor customized messages, which would reach your customer.
Best Sales Advice #5: Create a Sense of Urgency
Have you ever encountered a situation in which a customer intended to make a purchase but ended up delaying or forgetting about it? This scenario can be frustrating in sales, but here is a way to prevent this: create a sense of urgency.
Creating a sense of urgency is a classic sales technique that can persuade potential customers to act quickly. Giving your customers time to consider their purchase will lengthen the entire customer journey and require more resources from your side. However, keep in mind that by creating a sense of urgency, you must motivate customers to act without putting them under too much pressure to buy.
Here are some tips for creating a sense of urgency:
- Make limited-time offers: offer a time-limited discount or promotion, which would encourage customers to take immediate action.
- Highlight scarcity: emphasize the limited-time availability of your product or services, but remember don’t make it too precious.
- Create a fear of missing out: highlight potential consequences of not taking action, you can pay attention to price, special bundle packs, discounts, or special offers.
Boost your sales with Plecto!
We have provided the 5 best sales advice for new and experienced sales professionals. The final best sales advice for you would be to start making data-driven decisions in sales! Plecto is an essential tool for the sales team looking to boost their performance and achieve their targets.
You can boost motivation in your sales team by using Plecto's engaging and gamified approach! Plecto's customizable dashboards, leaderboards, and reward stores can foster a friendly competitive spirit, leading to increased productivity and sales.
Plecto also provides valuable insights into your team’s performance, by having dynamic dashboards. With this feature, you will be able to track individual employee performance and adjust individual sales targets based on historical performance data. This will allow your employee to achieve the best possible performance and effectiveness!
Take advantage of the 14-day free trial and take your sales game to the next level!